Monday, March 22, 2010

This design is called a Fractal image. I've always been drawn to them because of the vivid colours and patterns. A fractal image is "a rough or fragmented geometric shape that can be split into parts, each of which is (at least approximately) a reduced-size copy of the whole". Using math to create a design doesn't appeal to me because I hate math, but it does produce a beautiful end product. It reminds me of psychedelic posters back in the 70s. This particular image seems to use all shades of both primary and secondary colours. The left side of the image looks like wild plants growing, whereas the right side of the image looks like a print on a satin scarf that I would wear. I would like to design something like this in the future, but not sure how I would approach it.

No comments:

Post a Comment